FAQ’s – Doc’s Lakeside Cabin
How far are you from Carbondale?
- We are approx 30 minutes from Carbondale, IL
Can we bring our pet?
- Sorry, our policy is No Pets.
How close is the nearest winery?
- Hedman Vineyards (Peach Barn) is located in Alto Pass approx 15 min. from the cabin,
they are part of the Shawnee Wine Trail.
How secluded are you?
- We have only one cabin on the property, it sets in the middle of 5 acres with a 6 acre lake.
My family lives across the Lake.
What items do I need to bring?
- Beach Towels or robes for hot tub, camera, insect repellant (for hiking etc)
Can I rent a single night?
- Single night rental can only be made 7 days in advance.
Can I Swim in the Lake?
- We do not allow swimming due to insurance and liability.
Do you provide wireless internet?
- Yes – Hughes Net Gen 4 Wireless
Can I hook up my electronics (games, players) to the T.V.?
- We Do Not allow anything to be plugged in to T.V. -DVD and Blu-Ray Player are already hooked up.
Is there an outdoor fire pit
- Yes. We have two, one by the lake and the other on a brick patio.
What is there to do that is close to Doc’s cabin?
- LaRue Pine Hills and Trail of Tears State Forest is approx 10 min away if you like to hike.
- Horseback riding at Giant City Stables.
- Cedar Lake has a beach for swimming or boating.
- Shop Downtown Anna (approx 8 min from cabin) -This n That Resale Shoppe or Historic Downtown Cape Girardeau, MO is approx 30 min from cabin.
- Zip line, Shawnee Bluffs Canopy Tours
Please view our area attractions page.
Is there a Grocery Store near by?
- Save-a-Lot in Jonesboro approx 8 mins. from cabin
- Walmart and Kroger in Anna approx 12 mins from cabin.
How do I make a reservation?
- Call me @ 618-697-1019 I will need a credit card for a 50% deposit to reserve your stay.
(Please read Rental Policy before calling to reserve your getaway.)
What time is check in and check out?
- Check in is after 3 pm. Check out is 11am.
Do you have a hot tub & is it open year round?
How close are you to the Shawnee National Forest?
- Our Property borders the back side of Trail of Tears State Park
How big is the Lake?
- Docs Cabin sits on a small 6 acre lake built around 25 years ago.
Is there a lot of fish in the lake?
- Yes, there is crappie, bass, catfish and bluegill.
Is there a boat we can use?
- No, we only allow fishing from the dock or from the bank.
- You can walk around about half of the Lake.
Can we keep what we catch?
- We ask you to perform CPR! (catch, photograph and release)
There are no guarantees in fishing, some guests have walked down to the dock and on the first cast caught a “big one” while others have spent a whole week catching nothing but a few small ones, so our advice to guests is this; book your stay at Docs with plans to relax and getaway, not to catch the “big one” and we are most certain you will enjoy your stay.